There are only a handful of people around the world who know the differences between a hotel and a resort. Most of us live our life thinking that these two are similar places, wherein the travelers are provided with meals, bed and bathing facilities. However, if you get deeper into the two concepts, you realize that there are some major differences between the two. What are these differences – you ask. Following are the five major ones that you must know about to expand the land of your knowledge:
1) Relaxation – When it comes to the feature of relaxation, resorts are said to be better in the same. If you really want to experience a trip to rejuvenate yourself completely, visit a resort, rather than visiting a hotel. Resorts are really beautiful, if you wish to experience relaxation and pure heavenly pleasures!
2) Services – There are several differences between the services provided to you at the hotel and the services provided at the resort. If it is a five star hotel, you may receive a lot of ‘extra’ services in the same complex. Some of the resorts may not be able to provide you different cuisines because most of them have a single kitchen only. On the other hand, five star hotels have two kitchens and multiple cuisine facilities.
3) Location – Generally, resorts are located in the midst of nature and beautiful landscapes. But when it comes to the hotels, even if they are the five star ones, they can be located or situated on the main roads as well. You don’t need nature to build a lodge or a hotel.
4) Swimming pool – All the resorts have supposed to have swimming pools, compulsorily. But it is not necessary for the hotels to have pools. However, most of the five star locations do have their private pools to give add-on benefits to the visitors or travelers.
5) Reason of visit – Generally, people visit a beautiful resort in the middle of nature to enjoy their vacations and get into the recreation process. On the other hand, the reason to visit a hotel can be an official or business related one. It is not necessary that the people visit such accommodation providing places on vacations only.
Although both of these places provide the travelers with accommodation, the differences that are present can be felt by all the visitors. Even if you visit both of these, you would know the differences all by yourself.